Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) provides Built-up Sheds for industrial use and Galas for industrial & commercial use. As of now 4095 Built-up Sheds are allotted in 67 industrial areas and 3003 Galas are allotted in 82 industrial areas, details of which are available in the Land Bank.
These Sheds and Galas are allotted via E-bidding system (http://ebid.midcindia.org/eproc/login.aspx). Sheds and Galas facilitate plug and play option for promoting sectoral investments of land earmarked for industrial purpose.
Sheds are mainly available for manufacturing activities. Galas are allotted for manufacturing and service-related activities (e.g. micro-electronics, textile,
IT units etc.)
The ‘Plug and Play’ facility comes with the following preapproved clearances (wherever available).
Remaining approvals as deemed necessary are to be applied through the Single Window System. MIDC has also proposed Greenfield Industrial Areas (4450 acres) at the following locations:
Out of the total Greenfield area, 75% (i.e. 3337.50 acres) land is proposed to be reserved for allotment to the investors on long lease basis as per the existing policy and remaining 25% (i.e. 1112.50 acres) land is proposed to be developed phase-wise through “Plug & Play model” for allotment.
Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) (https://www.mahadiscom.in/en/home/) provides electricity to all Industrial Areas under MIDC
Constructed Road Length (Km) by MIDC 3258 KM
Maharashtra has abundant skilled manpower having 20 state universities and 21 deemed universities. The state has more than 6,000 institutes that enroll
over 1.6 million students per annum
|Streams||No. of Institutes||Intake Capacity|
|General Education (Arts, Science,
|MBA/MMS & PGDM||416||46,566|
|Hotel Management & Catering Technology||13||668|
|Masters in Computer Application||115||9,650|
|Industrial Training Institutes||846||1.27 Lakh|
Natural Gas Pipeline is available at following MIDC Industrial Areas
As per Section 21 of Maharashtra Fire Prevention and Life Safety Measures Act, 2006, the responsibility of maintaining fire and emergency service is entrusted to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and Special Planning Authority (SPAs) i.e. Municipal Corporations, Municipal Councils & Nagar Panchayat and Special Planning Authorities (SPA’s) in their respective areas
MIDC’s board has taken a policy decision for providing fire services in MIDC industrial areas, the policy resolves that “The fire stations in the industrial areas wherein processing of hazardous chemicals, storages of inflammable, highly combustible materials, textile parks, IT parks and similar activities are carried out and major areas where the Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and SEZ’s are located, be managed by MIDC”. In accordance with the MIDC Board & state government policy, MIDC has created various posts for operation & maintenance of fire services.
In adherence of this policy MIDC has operationalized 32 Fire Stations and has sanctioned 14 New Fire Stations for various industrial areas in the state of Maharashtra
For contact details of MIDC Fire Stations, Click Here